If you are like me then you really love chocolate. One of my favorite recipes is the one for cookies with chocolate filling. If you want to try something new and especially if you have guests that you need to impress, try the following recipe and you will be amazed!
For the cookies:
- 300 gr flour (for all purposes)
- 100 gr sugar ( for this recipe I prefer icing sugar)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or any other extract you prefer
- 250 gr butter in room temperature
For the filling:
- 100 gr butter in room temperature
- 100-120 gr praline chocolate spread
- Take the mixer’s bowl and add the following ingredients: flour, sugar, salt and the vanilla extract cut in small pieces. You can also use vanilla in powder.
- Use the paddle attachment of your mixer and mingle all the ingredients for about 3 minutes. You know that you need to stop mingling when you have created a nice cookie dough. Make sure that you do not overbeat the mix. Otherwise your cookies will not be much crispy and crunch.
- After you are satisfied with the result of the dough, remove it from the mixing bowl and knead it for a while in order to shape it into a nice ball.
- Wrap the ball you created in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator. Leave it there for 30 minutes to one hour. You do that in order to let the dough rest and make it easier to roll out.
- After that one hour, remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and preheat your oven at 200*C or to 392 Fahrenheit.
- Apply some floor to your working surface.
- Take a piece of your cookie dough and place it on top of the flour.
- Roll it out to a sheet. It should be about 3-3,5 mm thick.
- Use a cookie cutter of about 5-6 mm in diameter and cut the cookies. I prefer to cut them in circles so that it is easier to fill them later. In case you do not have a shape cutter you can use anything you can find in your kitchen that has that shape, from glass to a teacup.
- Place the cookies you made in 2 rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Pay extra attention to this stage. Do not place the cookies too close to one another. Although the do not rise too much while baking they tend to expand a bit.
- Do the same process for the rest with the rest of your cookie dough. You will end up with 25-30 cookies depending on their size.
- Place the cookies to the oven and bake them for around 9-12 minutes. You know that they are ready when they turn golden.
- Remove them from the oven and place them on a rack for about 20 minutes in order to cool a bit before you proceed with the filling. Do not expect them to be very hard though.
Preparation for the filling:
- Add the butter in a mixing bowl and beat it for about 2 minutes with the paddle attachment. You need to make it very light and fluffy so if necessary beat it some more.
- Add the praline chocolate spread and beat for 1 more minute.
-Take 1 tablespoon of the filling and place it over a cookie. Make sure to add the filling on the side that was face down to the pan when you baked them.
– Cover with another cookie and press firmly.
– Repeat with the other cookies and enjoy!