Summer is the season to show some skin and that skin is on your legs. Shorts, skirts and dresses are the go-to garb to remain cool in the heat, but no woman wants to be caught wearing her favorite skirt with hairy legs or that pesky stubble. So how you can get a closer shave that will give you smooth legs? These tips will give the silky results you have been wanting:
- Start by exfoliating your skin with a mild scrub (sugar scrubs are great), or just use a damp towel with your favorite body wash to get rid of flaky skin.
- Always remember to wet your legs 2 to 3 minutes into your shower. When hair is wet it is easier to shave. No more dry shaving! On the flip side, soaking your legs in a hot bubble bath is not good for shaving either. Your skin will absorb the water and cause swelling that will surround the hair follicle and prevent you from getting a closer shave.
- When it comes to using shaving gels or creams, they are virtually the same for both men and women. The only difference is in the fragrances. The best shaving creams or gels are the ones for sensitive dry skin.
- For the best results, shave against the grain with even pressure and careful strokes.
- It is important that after you’re done you do NOT use a loofah or washcloth. This could cause irritation.
With these tips, you are sure to have the smoothest legs of the summer.