ESSENCE Music Festival is only two days away and to ensure that you’re dressed ready for a fashionably good time, we’ve chosen 16 essential picks, complete with a shopping guide, that you’ll want to make sure is in your travel bag.
1.Fujifilm Mini Instax Instant Camera, $69 [wal-mart]- You won’t want to miss all the celebs you’ll see, so take instant pictures with this modern day polaroid!
2. BDG Seamless Bandeau, $12.00 [Urban Outfitters]-Layer your backless shirts, maxi dressess or sheer tops with cute bandeau’s –it’s the seasons coolest undergarment.
3. Nicole Geo Sunglasses, $16 [urban outfitters]-Everybody will want to know who’s the face behind these geometric sunnies-you’ll feel like an instant celebrity.
4. ASOS Aztec Straw Trilby, $11.60 [ASOS] -ASOS is giving guys texture and functionality with this Aztec Straw Trilby–get ready for the question ‘Hey where did you get that?’
5. ALDO Brunderman Sneaker, $29.90 [Nordstrom]-With all the walking you’ll be doing around New Orleans, you’ll need a comfy shoe–it’s the style of a loafer but the comfort of a sneaker.
6. Marcelo Sunglasses, $98 [Banana Republic]-You always need specs that make you look important.
7. C4 color-block belt,$20 [c4belts.com]-Men can color-block too! Create your own belt and feel like you’ve just given back–it’s the purchase that keeps on giving!
8. Hawkings McGill Polka Dot Cutoff Chino Short, $44 [Urban Outfitters]-We’re in love with polka dots and now he can have a little fun too and sport them on his cutoff chino’s. It takes a confident man to pull these off.
9. Asos Deco Flatform High Tops, $50 [ASOS]-So you don’t want to sacrafice comfort for style huh? These flatform sneakes gives you just enough height to make you feel like your rocking stillettos but all the comfort you’ll need while standing up at the concerts.
10. Flat Jelly Sandals, $90 [Zara]- You can have it all in these flat jelly sandals. Perfect for hitting the party scene on Bourbon St.
11. Signature Fit Piper Colored Denim Flared Crop Jean, $27 [talbots]- Put the color in your life with an array of colored denim to let everyone know you have arrived!
12. Footzyrolls, $38 [footzyrolls.com]- No more worries about aching feet, roll these babies up and put them in your clutch or crossbody bag and put them on when you feel the need to give your feet a break.
13. Daydreamer LA Twisted Low Back Tanks $29.00/$19-Online Only [Urban Outfitters]-New Orleans will be hot! These low back tanks are super easy breezy and come an array of color and even better they’re less than 20 bucks online.
14. Tall Flag Hot Pants, $68 [topshop]-Continue to celebrate your Independece well into the weekend with these stars and stripe hot pants–cute!
15. Burnt orange cut out cross body bag, $69 [debenhams.com]-Who wants to be bother with carry big bags, you get lots of shopper type bags when your walking the booths at the convention center. Be hands free so you can take lots of great pics.
16. Brixton Capistrano Hat, $50 [piperlime]-It’s not just a Fedora it’s a Brixton!